Accenture and Microsoft are collaborating to help organizations adopt the disruptive power of generative AI, accelerated by the cloud, to fundamentally transform their businesses. Together with their joint venture Avanade, the companies are co-developing new AI-powered industry and functional solutions to help clients harness generative AI across the enterprise.
“Generative AI is driving innovation and reinvention, transforming work across industries, and changing the ways we access information,”
“Our expanded partnership with Microsoft will help our clients find the right ways to responsibly build and scale this exciting technology across their enterprises and realize the value it can create.”
Julie Sweet, chair and CEO, Accenture.
“Expanding our collaboration with Accenture will accelerate adoption of the world’s most advanced AI models, backed by Azure, and enable Accenture to deliver innovative AI-powered industry solutions that will help customers take advantage of the newest innovations,”
“Through this initiative, we will work with Accenture to harness the power of Microsoft Azure, Azure OpenAI Service, and Microsoft 365 Copilot to deliver AI-empowered solutions, within our trusted cloud, that will help companies achieve more.”
Eric Boyd, corporate vice president, AI Platform at Microsoft.
The companies have partnered with many clients from all industries around innovative AI. For example, they worked with Radisson Hotel Group, using a combination of Microsoft Cloud technologies and Azure OpenAI to create an intelligent, automated system that can handle guest cancellations and generate draft responses to guests. guest reviews, handling feedback with a full understanding of specific positives. and negative factors. The system learns from each interaction, making each response smarter than the last.
For the Spanish Ministry of Justice, Accenture created an AI-powered search engine built in the Microsoft cloud to find and simplify information about legal proceedings hidden in hundreds of thousands of complex documents. complex. Microsoft and Accenture are also partnering with global travel technology company, Amadeus, which is developing an AI-powered general interactive travel assistant for its travel and expense platform, Cytric Easy . Leveraging Microsoft technologies, including Teams and Azure OpenAI, this digital tool helps business travelers fulfill the elements of their trip – from planning, booking and pre-departure, in-and-out and after – all tailored to traveler preferences and policy employers for a more efficient, intuitive, and cost-effective experience.
Building on Accenture’s recently announced $3 billion investment in AI, Accenture and Microsoft are jointly developing new functional and industry solutions and exploring new use cases, such as such as:
- Financial services – Teaming with banks, insurers and others, the companies are evaluating low-risk, high-value use cases. One area of focus is creating solutions for content aggregation, summarization and transcription analysis, powered by Azure OpenAI Service, to help business analysts streamline processes, improve efficiency and gain valuable insights.
- Healthcare – The companies are using Microsoft Power Platform and Azure OpenAI Service to enable patient care, contact center transformation, medical image analysis and patient data synthesis. These use cases can enhance clinical decision-making, automate administrative tasks and improve patient outcomes.
- Supply chain – Accenture is extending the capabilities of its more than 50 intelligent supply chain solutions with Microsoft Copilot and Supply Chain Center. For instance, Accenture’s logistics control tower solution can now recognize unstructured data in news alerts to predict delays and offer recommendations to supply chain operators to reallocate inventory quickly, helping to mitigate disruption.
- Contact center – By incorporating Azure Open AI Service into clients’ contact center operations, the companies are helping to enhance agent productivity and improve customer satisfaction with real-time insights and suggestions. Agents can better navigate complex customer interactions, understand sentiment, and deliver more personalized experiences.
- Security – Following a successful track record in offering Accenture Adaptive Detection and Response with Microsoft Sentinel at its core, the companies are working to provide end-to-end security solutions that reimagine cyber protection and cyber resilience solutions with generative AI. By collaborating with Microsoft engineering teams for Security CoPilot and developing contextual extensions of LLM models, automation and prompt engineering, the companies are taking an innovative approach to cyber response.
Leveraging the new Accenture Advanced AI Center, which emphasizes general AI and big language models, and Avanade’s new AI organization-ready framework, companies will help their customers discover and try General AI experience for safe and responsible innovation at scale. A next-generation AI lab from Accenture and Avanade will leverage the Microsoft Technology Center in Canada to help customers around the world innovate with Azure OpenAI Services to drive AI excellence.
Working with the Microsoft Azure OpenAI Engineering team, Accenture and Avanade train and equip their employees with advanced general AI skills. For example, Accenture trains human performance professionals to provide more holistic talent management and improve employee experience throughout their career paths. In addition, Microsoft has selected Accenture as the partner of choice to train thousands of Microsoft Azure OpenAI service MVPs across industries to help customers build generic AI solutions. As one of the first companies to gain access to Microsoft 365 Copilot, Security Copilot, GitHub Copilot, Semantic Kernel, and Azure OpenAI Service, Accenture is testing the technology with select teams within the company. Drawing on its own experience, Accenture is able to apply its lessons and best practices to customer engagements.
The expanded collaboration leverages the combination of Accenture’s experience in AI transformation, strategy, and industry, with Azure OpenAI Services and cloud infrastructure, as well as engineering and delivery experience from Avanade.